The Australian 457 Business Sponsorship Visa program is run by the Australian Government via the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
The subclass 457 visa program is designed for people who want to work temporarily in Australia. The 457 Visa program allows applicants to work for up to four years for a sponsoring employer and is restricted to people seeking to be employed in skilled occupations.
There are three processing stages:
- visa application
You should ensure that you lodge a completed visa application.
While the department may ask you to provide more information to determine if you meet the criteria for grant of the visa, a decision on the visa application may often be made solely on the information provided at the time of application.
Some of the documentation that you will need to provide can take several weeks to obtain, for example, evidence of professional registration and/or licensing, or professional membership (if required) in your nominated occupation. If possible these requirements should be completed prior to lodging your visa application.
Please note that the visa can only be granted after your skills assessment has been completed.
Note: There are no age limit for the applicant in this visa subclass.
When filling in your application forms, it is wise to make sure that all of the required details are supplied and that the form is filled in correctly.
In many cases, your approval or rejection will be decided on your first application.
Are you eligible for the 457 visa?
To apply for a 457 visa as an employee, your application must follow that of your sponsoring employer. To be considered for a 457 visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be sponsored by an employer to fill a nominated position
- You must have skills, qualifications, experience and an employment background which match those required for the position
- You must have English language skills equivalent to an average band score of 5.0 across the four test components in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test, or higher. You may also be required to demonstrate these skills through a formal test
- You must be eligible for any relevant licences or registration required for the nominated position
- You must demonstrate that you are to be paid at least the minimum salary level that applies at the time a decision is made on your visa
- You must apply for the 457 visa from outside Australia, unless the last visa you held is on the prequalifying list
- You must meet all health requirement as set out by Information Form 1163i
- You must meet all character requirements
- If you are in Australia at the time of application, you must not have prohibitive restrictions or limitations placed on your current visa
- You must, if over the age of 18, be willing to declare your respect of Australian values and adhere to Australian law
- You must have private health insurance
- You must pay all relevant non-refundable application fees
Some categories include
- Accounting & Finance
- Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
- Air & Sea Transport
- Art & Design
- Arts & Entertainment
- Building & Construction
- Consulting & Business Analysis
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Mining
- Health & Medical Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Resources / Personnel
- Information Services
- Information Technology / Computing
- Legal & Compliance
- Management / Planning / Policy
- Manufacturing / Production / Logistics
- Property & Real Estate
- Sales / Marketing / Advertising
- Science & Research
- Social & Community Services
- Sports & Recreation
- Surveying & Valuing
- Trades - Aircraft Maintenance
- Trades - Automotive
- Trades - Electrical / Electronics / Communications
- Trades - Food & Beverage
- Trades - Gardening / Horticulture
- Trades - General Mechanical & Fabrication
- Trades - Hairdressing
- Trades - Metal & Machinists
- Trades - Other Trades & Services
- Trades - Plumbing
- Trades - Textile & Clothing
- Trades - Tilers & Plasterers
- Trades - Wood & Carpentry
- Translating / Interpreting
- Trades - Printing
Keywords: 457 Business Visa | 457 Sponsored Visa | 457 Visa | 457 Visa Application | 457 Visa Australia | 457 Visa Benefits | 457 Visa Check List | 457 Visa Conditions | 457 Visa Cost | 457 Visa Health Insurance | 457 Visa Insurance | 457 Visa Jobs | 457 Visa Permanent Residency | 457 Visa Process | 457 Visa Processing Time | 457 Visa Requirements | 457 Visa Rules | 457 Visa Sponsorship | 457 Work Visa | Australian 457 Visa | Australian Visa 457 | Australian Work Visa | Visa 457 Requirements | Visa Subclass 457 | What Is A 457 Visa